Working in the U.S.

Your F-1 student status permits you to work on campus at the university that issued your I-20 while you are enrolled in a full course of study. Your Webber I-20 is your proof of work eligibility for on-campus employment at Webber only. You must maintain F-1 status to be eligible for this employment benefit; maintaining status means that you are a full-time registered student (except for approved exceptions) in good academic standing with a valid I-20.

It is your responsibility to research and understand your on-campus work eligibility. It is generally not the job of Webber staff outside of a DSO to thoroughly know the immigration regulations. It is possible you will be offered employment that you are not eligible to accept or for your employment eligibility to expire without the payroll administrator notifying you. Be sure to review all information provided by the DSO and let them know if you have any concerns or questions.

While the USCIS regulations provide a variety of opportunities for F-1 international students to be employed during their time in F-1 student status, working without proper authorization is a serious violation of the F-1 student status. Please consult with a DSO prior to engaging in employment or with any concerns.