Returning to Webber

If you are a student returning to Webber International University after an absence to complete the degree program in which you were last enrolled, you must follow certain procedures. When considering a return to Webber, please allow enough time to receive a new I-20 and apply for a new visa, if required.

The new I-20 will be an “initial entry” document; this means that you can enter the U.S. no earlier than 30 days before the start date printed on the I-20. Make your travel plans accordingly.

Eligibility for Benefits
You will regain eligibility for benefits such as Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) only after completing two full-time semesters after your return with the new SEVIS record.

Full-Time Registration
You must be registered full-time in your first semester back. For undergraduates, “full-time” is defined as 12 credit hours. For graduates, “full-time” is defined as 6 credit hours.

Request for I-20
A new I-20 request will only be made after you have been granted readmission into your academic program, submitted the required financial documents, and paid the admission deposit. At that time, a DSO will initiate the new initial I-20 request.

You must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee after you receive your new I-20. This is required when a new SEVIS record is created. Carry the receipt to your visa interview, if applicable, and when you travel to the U.S.

I-20s for readmitted Webber students will be mailed out by the Office of Admissions via UPS. Please contact the Office of Admissions to inquire about receiving your initial I-20.


You may need to apply for a new F-1 visa depending on the length of time you have been out of the U.S. Your F-1 visa is considered invalid if you have been out of the U.S. for more than five months even if it has not expired. Please visit the U.S. Department of State for information on obtaining a new F-1 visa.